Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday...

Mom calls me one day and leaves a message on my voice mail at work. Prior to which, apparently, there was some back and forth about about their lunch plans -- which happens quite a bit.

It generally takes a lot of things to happen first for actual, solid plans to go off without a hitch. First, my mom has to mention the idea. Then my dad has to refuse. Then my mom tries good old-fashioned Italian guilt, to which he seems to think he's impervious. Then, an hour or so later, he comes around and submits to the idea and they end up going. It's rather exhausting to watch, frankly.

So, the voice mail message went like this:

Mom: "Hi Nicole, it's Ma. I just want to let you know if you call and we're not home that we went to Ruby Tuesdays."
Dad [in background]: "Nooooo. We're not going there."
Mom: "Oh, we're not?"
Dad [in background]: "No, I'm not a rubber band."
Mom: "OK. I guess we're not going then. Talk to you later. Bye."

Long story short: They went to Ruby Tuesdays that day. And, as mom says, "the little hamburgers were delicious."

FYI: "Little Hamburgers" = Sliders



No comments:

Post a Comment