Thursday, February 18, 2010

She wants it her way...

1980s.

One day, Mom took me to KFC for lunch. I was at the age when everything mortified me to epic levels of embarassment. Such is being a pre-teen.

She stepped to the counter and placed her order, with me at her side.

Mom: Uh, yeah. Gimme some of those McNugget things.
Me: [cringing] Mommmm, that's McDonald's. Not KFC.
Mom: Oh, it's the same thing. [beat] And two cokes...
Cashier: No coke. We have Pepsi.
Mom: Whatever, it's the same thing.

Truth be told: She's right.


2 comments:

  1. Hmmm...these are real gems and I am gald that my family was and is as strange as yours. No wonder we are so brilliant! Keep them coming!
    cassidy

    ReplyDelete
  2. No way! Coke and Pepsi are so different! I can totally tell the difference in taste. :)

    ReplyDelete