Thursday, December 9, 2010

Worrywart

Mom sees danger in all things. Give her half a second and she will inevitably come up with precisely why and how something or some situation is unsafe. She is what one calls a "worrywart."

Take this recent conversation for example. Mom was was aware I'd be going to a place that had a flight of steep steps. Naturally, she had some advice for me.

Mom: Be careful going up and down those steps.

I just stared, silently, at her. If I hadn't learned to climb a flight of stairs by this point in my life, there was no help for me. Catching on, she responded:

Mom: Well, I think about those things. I know you don't like that. But I can't help it. I'm a little crazy.

My thoughts exactly.


3 comments:

  1. I think we spend too much time worrying and not doing. But it is good that your mother worries about you - now write more blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last night I got "Be careful driving-There are drunks out there," from my parents.

    ReplyDelete