Wednesday, July 27, 2011

It rains, it pours.

Looking up into the cloud-filled sky, I spotted the tiniest inkling of a rainbow. I nudged Mom and told her where to look.

Me: Look, a rainbow!
Mom: Oh yeah! Wow. [beat] You know when you see rainbows? [beat] After it rains.
Me: You're kidding, right?
Mom: No.
Me: You see rainbows after it RAINS, eh?
Mom: Yeah.
Me: No shit, Sherlock. [beat] You're kidding me with this, right? [beat] Can I put this on the blog?
Mom: I don't care.
Me: Are you sure?
Mom: Yeah, I don't care.
Me: You know, they call them RAINbows for a reason, right? 'Cause they happen after it RAINS.
Mom: I never thought about it like that.
Me: Really? Well, they don't call them DRYbows or CLEARbows, do they?
Mom: No, I guess not.

Welcome to my world. My DRYbow-filled world.


1 comment:

  1. Just want to say your article is as astounding. The clarity
    in your post is simply spectacular and i can assume you are an expert on
    this subject. Well with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep updated with forthcoming post.
    Thanks a million and please continue the enjoyable work.


    my blog; quantrim reviewed

    ReplyDelete