Thursday, December 10, 2009

On Demand

Even though my dad held a very technical job as an electronics inspector for many years, he just doesn't have the patience or time for modern technology. Consider the cable remote: This is something that perplexes dad on a continual basis.  

One day, he was messing around with the remote and somehow managed to purchase Here! On Demand. Now...we share a cable connection -- so when I got the bill, naturally, I was confused.

So, I asked my dad —


Me: "Hey, did you mess around with the remote and accidentally order something?"
Dad: "No. Why? Oh, one time I got some On Demand screens and I said OK to something...."
Me: "You said ok to Here! On Demand."
Dad: "What’s that?"
Me: "It’s gay programming."
Dad: "WHAT?"
Me: "Now I gotta call Cablevision and cancel this. I should make you do it."

I left the room to handle the billing matter. No doubt dad was confused and left questioning his identity.



 

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to say.... Loving this blog!!!! Came back just to re-read and have a chuckle before bedtime! :-)
    xoxoxo
    Paulie

    ReplyDelete