Monday, December 14, 2009

Sangria

Anyone who knows me well knows I'm not a drinker. Liquor makes me paranoid, hot and angry. Never a good combination.

One night, oh about 10 years ago, I went to the fridge and found some Welches' grape juice. I poured myself a tall glass and drank it down pretty quick. It tasted a little on the dry side, but still sweet. So, I poured another glass, took it with me into the living room and sat down to watch some TV. The last thing I remember was emptying the glass of its contents and resting it on the side table. I soon fell into what can only be described as a drooling stupor.

The next day, I caught my dad by the fridge.

Me: Oh, hey, Dad -- never buy that grape juice again. It was awful! So dry. Tasted funny.
Dad: Ohh, hmm. You drank that, huh?
Me: Yeah, why?
Dad: I poured the leftover Sangria into the bottle.
Me: AND YOU DIDN'T LABEL IT?
Dad: No -- well, I didn't think you were gonna drink it.



No comments:

Post a Comment